The Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce was formed over 70 years ago and is the leading advocate for the Upson County area. With more than 300 members, the Chamber firmly believes that thriving businesses build a thriving community.
To best support the success of Upson County and the overall growth of our economy, the Chamber strives daily to advance its mission of uniting our members and the community by promoting strategic economic growth, enhancing the quality of life and creating a positive business climate for Upson County.
Chamber Board of Director meetings are held the second Tuesday each month and Chamber members are welcome to attend.
Each year in September, the Chamber Board of Directors hold a planning retreat to recommend committees that will be sanctioned by the T-U Chamber of Commerce for the upcoming year.
Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Employees
Lori Showalter Smith, President
Pam White, Office Manager
Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Directors
2016-2017 Executive Board of Directors
- Hoppy Hopkins, Upson Regional Medical Center - Chairman of the Board
- Fred Rudbeck, Georgia Power Company- Chair-Elect
- Trennis Dumas, Trennis Dumas Insurance Agency, Inc. - Vice-Chair
- Darren Day, Fletcher-Day Funeral Home. - Treasurer
- Jeff Stribing, Quad Graphics - Past Chair
2016-2017 Board of Directors
- Myra Boyt, Criterion Technology Inc.
- Becky Crawford, Hannah’s Mill Animal Hospital Janice
- Denise Daniel, Café Niecy’s
- Lacy Dean, Southern Grace Hospice
- Coleman Dumas, Stone Well Worship Center
- Jaye Eubanks, United Bank
- Tracy Harper, SouthCrest Bank
- Josh Hendricks, Southern Rivers Energy
- Albert Hinson, Thomaston Hospice, Inc.
- Dan Kilgore, Upson County Sheriff
- Matthew Lassiter, Dart Container Corporation
- Deirdre Lawrence, Speedi Lube Inc.
- Debbie Lord, Upson Beacon
- Lindsey Matthews, Amedisys Home Health Care
- Doreen Pittman, Colony Bank
- Frank Renfroe, West Central Georgia Bank
- Karen Truesdale, Thomaston-Upson School System
- Angela Weatherford, Southern Crescent Technical College
- Barry Wheeless, Quad/Graphics
The Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce unites our members, and the community by promoting strategic economic growth, enhancing the quality of life and creating a positive business climate for Upson County.
We Mean Business!