The Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce was formed over 70 years ago and is the leading advocate for the Upson County area. With more than 300 members, the Chamber firmly believes that thriving businesses build a thriving community.
To best support the success of Upson County and the overall growth of our economy, the Chamber strives daily to advance its mission of uniting our members and the community by promoting strategic economic growth, enhancing the quality of life and creating a positive business climate for Upson County.
Chamber Board of Director meetings are held the second Tuesday each month and Chamber members are welcome to attend.
Each year in September, the Chamber Board of Directors hold a planning retreat to recommend committees that will be sanctioned by the T-U Chamber of Commerce for the upcoming year.
Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Employees
Lori Showalter Smith, President
Pam White, Office Manager
Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Directors
2017-2018 Executive Board of Directors
- Neal Trice, CEO of Upson EMC - Chairman of the Board
- Trennis Dumas, Trennis Dumas Insurance Agency, Inc - Chair-Elect
- Darren Day, Fletcher-Day Funeral Home - Vice-Chair
- Dan Kilgore, Sheriff of Upson County - Treasurer
- Hoppy Hopkins, Upson Regional Medical Center - Past Chair
2017-2018 Board of Directors
- Niki Adams, Amedisys Home Health Care
- Patricia Allen, Thomaston Housing Authority
- Myra Boyt, Criterion Technology Inc.
- Tonia Brown, New Life Church
- Chandler English, Upson Regional Medical Center
- Jaye Eubanks, United Bank
- Tracy Harper, SouthCrest Bank
- Josh Hendricks, Southern Rivers Energy
- Albert Hinson, Thomaston Hospice, Inc.
- Deirdre Lawrence, Speedi Lube Inc.
- Debbie Lord, Upson Beacon
- Lindsey Matthews, Thomaston Hospice
- Katie Peeler, The Rock Ranch
- Frank Renfroe, West Central Georgia Bank
- Michael Richardson, Thomaston Police Department
- Debbie Rucker, Southern Grace Hospice
- Karen Truesdale, Thomaston-Upson School System
- Angela Weatherford, Southern Crescent Technical College
- Barry Wheeless, Quad/Graphics
The Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce unites our members, and the community by promoting strategic economic growth, enhancing the quality of life and creating a positive business climate for Upson County.
We Mean Business!