The Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1946 and is the leading advocate for the Upson County area. With more than 300 members, the Chamber firmly believes that thriving businesses build a thriving community.
To best support the success of Upson County and the overall growth of our economy, the Chamber strives daily to advance its mission of uniting our members and the community by promoting strategic economic growth, enhancing the quality of life and creating a positive business climate for Upson County.
Chamber Board of Director meetings are held the second Tuesday each month and Chamber members are welcome to attend.
Each year in September, the Chamber Board of Directors hold a planning retreat to recommend committees that will be sanctioned by the T-U Chamber of Commerce for the upcoming year.
Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Employees
Lori Showalter Smith, President
Nicole McKinley, Vice-President
Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Directors
2020-2021 Executive Board of Directors
- Darren Day, Fletcher-Day Funeral Home - Chairman of the Board
- Dan Kilgore, Sheriff of Upson County - Chair-Elect
- Lindsey Matthews, Thomaston Hospice - Vice-Chair
- Barry Wheeless, Quad - Treasurer
- Trennis Dumas, Trennis Dumas Insurance Agency, Inc. - Past Chair
2020-2021 Board of Directors
- Brad Adams, Adams Insurance Services
- Joey Barrett, Georgia Power Company
- Brandon Berryhill, Turkey Creek Snacks
- Dr. Chris Daniel, Southern Crescent Technical College
- Chandler English, Upson Regional Medical Center
- Mark Gaskins, United Bank
- Josh Hendricks, Southern Rivers Energy
- Albert Hinson, Thomaston Hospice, Inc.
- Deirdre Lawrence, Speedi Lube Inc.
- Dr. Amy Miller, Thomaston-Upson School System
- Kaylee Neighbors, Lilly Jane Jewels
- Frank Renfroe, West Central Georgia Bank
- Michael Richardson, Thomaston Police Department
- Katie Salter, Tidal Wave Auto Spa
The Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce unites our members, and the community by promoting strategic economic growth, enhancing the quality of life and creating a positive business climate for Upson County.
We Mean Business!